Monday, March 23, 2009

Day 7:

Saturday turned out to be a pretty good day again. As it was sunny outside I decided we better get some yard work done while we had a chance. Normally all the kids are a little hard to get to cooperate. What kid isn't? Jack is always the toughtest, though.

Today he did much better than normal, though. I able to give him a task and he stuck with it pretty well. Occassionally he would get playing while waiting for his older brother to finish his part. All I had to do, though, was say his name and point at his brother and he'd say, "Oh, yeah!" and run back over to help. I only had to do that a few times so definitely there was a noticeable improvement in his willingness to stick with it and help out in the yard. Whether that is because he is a few months older or because of the diet I'm not sure.

Today we did manage a completely GFCF diet and I spent the morning experimenting with recipes. While I found some good ones that work I did manage to make a mess of the kitchen. I'm discovering this is going to be one of the definite cons of this diet is all the dishes.

I got a pancake recipe from my old roommate that he LOVES but it turned out more like crepes. Apparenty that doesn't matter, though, as they are great fun to drizzle with syrup and make "syrup burritos" out of as Jack has dubbed them. We all really liked them so that recipe is a definite keeper. The other pancake recipe was much more fluffy but it tasted like it had a titch too much baking powder (or soda?) in it.

Later in the evening the kids were playing video games again. When I told them it was time to get off Jack was once again pretty good about it. That was so nice! It looks like today was definitely a little better day than most Saturdays. Hopefully we are getting somewhere!

No comments:

Post a Comment